Wraparound Care - Extended School Provision
Our Extended School Provision is called Wrap Club and runs both breakfast and afterschool sessions at the school.
SEPTEMBER 2023 PRICES
Breakfast Wrap Club runs Monday to Friday from 7:30-8:45.
- Breakfast session costs £6.50 per child
Afterschool Wrap Club runs Monday to Thursday. Currently Wrap Club is not available afterschool on a Friday.
- Full session from 15:15-18:00 costs £14.15 per child
- Part session (after clubs or tutoring) from 16:00-18:00 costs £9.90 per child
We also offer a 10% discount on these prices when booking an additional sibling. i.e. first child pays full price, sibling pays discounted price.
At our Wrap Club, we aim to create an environment for the children to ease in to and out of their school day, allowing them to choose from a variety of activities, do homework, play with friends and chat to staff. We want them to feel engaged, happy and calm.
At Breakfast Wrap, the children are able to choose from a variety of foods such as: cereal, yogurt, croissants, bagels and fruit. There are activities set up to engage the children and help them to start the day off in a calm and mindful way. At 8:45, the children are then able to join other pupils that have arrived in the school playground.
The Afterschool Wrap session starts with our snack. Each afternoon we prepare an assortment of healthy foods for the children to choose from. There is always a type of bread, a meat, 2 types of fruit, 2 vegetables, some spreads and crackers. We also have a large jug of water and cups ready to use at all times. The children are encouraged to choose what they would like for snack and enjoy making their plates of food (selecting some inventive sandwich fillings, among other imaginative foody creations) and chit-chatting together while they eat.
Wrap Club is set up to provide the children with a host of different activities. We have a colouring station, a reading area, a small world zone (toy animals, dinosaurs, cars etc.), a construction area (Lego, construction straws, marble run), a games table, a dress-up box, a homework area and the use of our playgrounds – with readily available sports equipment for the children to use. The space is set up to be open and free flow, for the children to pick and choose what they would like to do. They are also welcomed to ask for certain activities or equipment to be out as we want the children to feel included.
At Wrap Club, we aim to make sure the children are cared for, allowing them to be creative, active, relaxed… whatever they’d like. We are there to support them and keep an eye on them from before the start of the school day, until home-time.
Terms and Conditions
- Please book your child in to Wyke Breakfast and Afterschool Club (known as Wrap Club) and pay via Scopay. You will have online access to book once you have completed and returned the registration form to the school office.
- Bookings can be on a regular or adhoc basis on either a daily, weekly, monthly or half termly basis (providing a Registration Form has been completed).
- Breakfast Wrap Club is open Monday to Friday, during term time.
- Afterschool Wrap Club is open Monday to Thursday, during term time. There is no Afterschool Wrap Club on a Friday.
- The booking system will be open for the whole school year from the start of September. Reception Children may start Wrap Club the week after they start full time at school.
- Numbers are limited (32) to ensure a safe adult:child ratio so please ensure that your child’s place is booked in advance.
- Changes to bookings can be made up to 48 hours in advance on Scopay. Bookings can be altered, via the school office, up to 4pm the day before for Breakfast Wrap Club, and up until midday on the day for Afterschool Wrap Club.
- Breakfast drop off - Please use the doorbell in the school office entrance let staff know that you have arrived.
- Afterschool Collection - Please use the buzzer on the first gate to let staff know that you have arrived to collect your child.
- If your child is absent due to illness please inform the school office ASAP. No refunds will be given if your child does not attend the Club due to illness but a credit will be carried over if advised in advance.
- No refund or credit will be given if your child is absent without 24 hours notification.
- After 6pm a £10 late fee will be charged. There will be a further £10 charged for every 15 minutes thereafter. Please contact Wrap club (Option 5 on the school phone number) as soon as possible to inform if there is an emergency or late collection.
- We aim to be as flexible as possible so please do not hesitate to contact the school office with any queries.